Monday, January 29, 2007

OK So I Lied!!!!!

Ok I ended up not having to work tonite, and I thought a change of scene would be good. I made my way down to the Tropicana to play 1-2 No Limit Hold Em. When i arrived there were two games going and neither game had a lot of money on the tables. After about 45 Min's I won my first pot. I was playing very tight aggressive this session, as I wanted some type of positive result.

I lost a big pot when out of the blind I flopped the nut straight with with a flush redraw with the Q-9 of diamonds. J-8 off suit got all in on the flop against me and turned a J to win with a full house. Yes by the way my flush got there on the river. After a re buy, yeah I know re buying at the Trop is a lot like trying to grab a Lady Cops ass, it is just something you shouldn't ever have to do.

Anyways I built myself up to about $360 when this hand came down. I limped in the cutoff position with the Jh 10h. The Small Blind raised to $10 and two players called, I called as well. The flop of Qh 5h 3c came down. The SB bet $20 and one player and I called. The turn was the Qc it was checked to me and I decided to check behind since the player in middle position was a calling station who claimed he was a 3-6 Limit player. I figured he would call anything I bet no matter if it was now or if I make my hand. I checked behind and took the free card. The river was the Ah I had made my flush. The SB checked and the calling station bet $25, I thought for a second and decided the SB was going to fold, so I raised to $50. Before the SB could act the calling station went all in. Damn was all I could think. Finally I did a little math figured I was getting about 5 to 1 on calling this bet, I felt this was enough for me to call. I called and turned over my flush J high, he shook hi head, flashed me a 8 high flush and folded. This pot was a little over $275.

I took a little bit of a hit over the next hour. I finally deiced to leave to meet my roommate for breakfast up $90. Not a big win, but a win is a win after the last session I played. Well i leave Tuesday for Washington, I will be back Saturday and by Monday should be looking to get February started.

UPDATED JAN Numbers

Hours: 131
Profit: +$3290
Hourly Rate: $25.15/hour

No comments: